Re: 2 MIME questions re: message/rfc822

2004-11-06 19:30:03

Finally, as far as lines over the SMTP limit of 998 are concerned, I have
zero sympathy since it is technically illegal to send such a thing
in the first place, irrespective of the MIME constructs involved. Anyone
who expects overly long lines to be treated with fidelity is simply being
silly and deserves whatever happens.

While I haven't counted octets, it certainly doesn't look like the
Received field that was folded was anywhere near 998 octets
in unfolded form.  I don't think that's an issue.

OK, fair enough. That puts the change in the "gratuitous inside of a signed
object" category for me.

                                Ned