Re: Making group syntax do-not-generate

2005-01-14 07:02:46

The original idea for groups seems to have been as a way to note the
address book lookup key that was used to retrieve the addresses,

I don't think so. I've been under the impression that groups came from a convention used in paper business correspondence (like interoffice memos) to indicate to recipients "why" they were copied on the correspondence. ("why" as in - you're being copied on this correspondence because you are a member of the Foo board, rather than because of some other hat you wear)

Keith