[Asrg] Let's try something different

2003-03-06 11:04:49
I have heard that you are interested in reducing spam. Here is my Proposal:

The way email currently works is:

1. Sender's email is stored on Recipient's server.

2. Sender can broadcast email.

3. Sender can forge headers, making it impossible to complain to Sender's
ISP.

I propose:

1. Sender's email is stored on Sender's server. Recipient is sent a message
with a unique link to the message and a maximum Subject line of 80
alphanumeric characters.

2. Sender can be anonymous, but not to Sender's ISP. There will be a feature
(a button) so Recipient can tell Sender's ISP, "Don't send me any further
email from this Sender."

3. Broadcasting is prohibited. If Sender wishes to send 1 million identical
messages, then Sender's server will contain 1 million copies of the message.

4. Sender's ISP will be notified if (and when) the email has been read so it
can be deleted from Sender's server. Alternatively, email can be deleted
from Sender's server at the end of the day (or week) that it is read.

It would also be nice if the Mailreader could be configured to automatically
show messages in text format first and then let the user decide whether or
not to view it in html.

Jed Margolin