Re: [Asrg] Let's try something different

2003-03-07 19:54:36
At 1:49 PM -0800 3/7/03, Jed Margolin wrote:
Traffic from ISPs who refuse to play by the rules will be refused by the
Internet Community.

In other words, they will be excommunicated.

I that is demonstrably not true. The system has gotten too big for that, and the need for connectivity too large. Blacklisting is no longer a sufficient threat, and attempts to do so to mixed-use providers have resulted in law-suits (witness MAPS). The entire thing is complicated by the subjective nature of spam, and the question of when to pull the trigger on an ISP. Are they spam friendly, or just having trouble keeping their system clean?

I've yet to find any blacklist that was reliable. Even the proxy list someone recently posted a URL to here promptly gave us false positives--including ones for some people on this list!
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.