Re: False positives (was Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records)

2003-03-06 20:44:18
"David F. Skoll" <dfs(_at_)roaringpenguin(_dot_)com> wrote:
  Or are you saying that you're willing to solve your spam problem,
but not mine?

That's right.  Your problem is not representative of most people's problem.

  Then wait 2 years.  Honestly.  I will suppress a desire to be
extremely rude at this point.

  3 years ago, I was complaining to anyone who'd listen about my spam
problem.  They told me then, as you are now, to "shut up and go
away".  They told me that they weren't worried, because they didn't see
the problem.

  Today an IRTF group has been created to address the problem.
Wonderful... now that your spam load is where mine was THREE YEARS
ago, you agree it's a problem.  But you're unwilling to come up with a
larger solution.  Instead, you want bandaids.

  If we don't look past the end of our noses, then we will *never*
solve this problem.

  Alan Dekok.