Re: False positives (was Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records)

2003-03-06 22:31:34
Alan DeKok wrote:
"David F. Skoll" <dfs(_at_)roaringpenguin(_dot_)com> wrote:

Maybe for you and 0.01% of the population.  For the other 99.99% of
us, filters are a good technology.

  Then why are you on this list?

  I'm here to talk about a *real* spam problem, where even a filter of
"firewall all IP's not on a whitelist" is too expensive to be
practical.

To be completely fair, Alan, the problem you're having with Striker isn't a technical one, and it's nothing that a discussion list of this sort can do anything about. Your only way to reclaim that domain is to stop the spam at source - that's a social/legislative thing, highly off topic for an IETF research group.

Striker and our spamtrap are _far_ outside of the bounds of technical solutions.