Re: [Asrg] Nucleus of a draft BCP on filtering

2003-03-10 09:29:51
"Sauer, Damon" <Damon(_dot_)Sauer(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)com> wrote:
 I believe that my previous statement still holds true- Spam is in the eye
of the beholder.

  That's not all.

  Spam is also mail that the sender, or the sending network, didn't
intend to send.

  e.g. Viruses.  The sender didn't intend to send those messages.

  e.g. Unintentional open relays.  The sending network didn't intend
to send that mail.

  Most of the discussions here are focussed on the recipient.  My
belief is that by the time the recipient has received the mail, the
network has been degraded due to passing traffic which the recipient
throws away.

  Alan DeKok.