Re: [Asrg] Blacklist blackmail

2003-03-28 14:10:57
In <p06000d0bbaaa1de4d284(_at_)[192(_dot_)168(_dot_)1(_dot_)104]> Kee Hinckley
<nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com> writes:

I have seen the bounce message.  The sender was at The World.  The
receiver said he was using Osirusoft.  Since Osirusoft's web site is
down, and I don't know their DNS lookup addresses, I'm afraid you're
on your own for the rest.

I really don't think this is the place to discuss specific problems
with specific blacklists (or other systems).  However, in order to
help diagnose a specific problem, I would need more details, such as
the complete email of the bounce, including all headers.

Osirusoft runs several different blocklists, so I would need to know
exactly which blacklist the receiver is using.  In particular, if the
sender is using blocktest.osirusoft.com, then it is quite likely that
The World is on the list.

The Osirusoft website is not exactly down, but I have had to try about
10 times to get each web page.  I was able to confirm that
relays.osirusoft.com does not claim to use the blars DNSBL.

You can read Osirusoft's FAQ webpage via googles cache at:
http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:KPIM79Ow8X8C:relays.osirusoft.com/faq.html&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

In any case, making a claim that blacklists "are now" charging money
to be added or removed from blacklists is not something that is new.
Nor is this blackmail.  Nor did you explain that the reason you posted
your original email was because of a specific problem.

-wayne