RE: [Asrg] Opt-Out Notes: too complicated, ignoring history

2003-03-28 15:11:03
Not if the definition is set bu the maintainer of the opt-out list.

There is no way that opt-out lists can work if I have to individually opt
out of every list. I am not going to tell each of the List-kiddies who buy a
cdrom individually that they can't send me spam.

The key here is establishing mechanisms that ease the enforcement of laws. I
don't expect that many of the garbage creators will take notice of the
opt-out lists but courts will and until Ralsky leave the country and sells
all his US assets he is subject to US law, regardless of where he hosts his
servers.

        Phill