RE: [Asrg] Opt-Out Notes: too complicated, ignoring history

2003-03-28 15:05:54
At 10:43 AM -0800 3/28/03, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
Slight difference to the wording.

It should be clear what the person if opting out from. We don't have to
define spam, just the solicitations that they are opting out from.

Doesn't that just lead to multiple email lists at the same company? "We know you opted out of information about our mail product. But this is our anti-virus mailing list. We thought you'd be interested in that." (To paraphrase a response I got from marketing at Sendmail when I flamed them. (And yes, later the techies apologized.))
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.