Re: [Asrg] define spam

2003-03-29 06:19:38
There are 2 classes of messages we should be investigating.

Messages of a commercial or pseudo-commercial nature sent using fake e-mail
headers and/or underhanded techniques.

Messages of a commercial or pseudo-commercial nature sent using legitimate
techniques (no fake headers) or semi-legitimate techniques but sent to
individuals who either opted out or never opted in to receiving mails from
the sender.

I think the fake header e-mail should be a priority of this group and a lower
priority should be enforceable opt-in/opt-out lists.