Re: [Asrg] define spam

2003-03-29 13:48:05
Given that this is a technical research body, how does one go about
offering that consent, in a service with 100 million participants, and
how does one enforce it?

The group has a charter to which it's profitable to refer from time to time
(I'd say). I'm sure working up a mechanism for expressing consent (here I
go again) will be difficult - but I think it's a job for the group. It's
fairly easy to envisage consent expression propagating up to the ISP or MTA
(from individual users) enabling consent to be consulted at a single point
for a domain (or set of domains). As for enforcing it, it's not clear
that's a purely technical problem.