Re: [Asrg] define spam

2003-03-29 13:22:42
Jon,

JK> Well (referring to the charter) how about:
JK> A communication for which there is no consent given by the intended
JK> recipient.

I hear that you are the world's expert on ice cream.  I want to hire you
to help my ice cream manufacturing business.  We have never met.  I send
you an email.

The above definition classifies my email as spam.

My knowledge of ice-cream manufacturing is rightly world renowned. I'm not
sure why you didn't use my published address for this sort of message:

contactme(_at_)simplythebesticeream(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk

Then it wouldn't have been spam.

Next!

:-)