Re: [Asrg] define spam

2003-03-29 13:59:59
Hmmn.  Is this message spam?  I don't have any consent from you on
file.

The message of of itself fits the definition. However, it has a context
(is
part of an ongoing communication with a list - and within the declared
ambit of the list) such that it's probably not reasonable to consider it
"spam".

I find it hard to think of any circumstance where it's useful to consider
a one-to-one message to be spam.  It may be annoying for some other
reason, but without bulk, there's no spam problem.

I'm the naked man in a glass room - I have no way of knowing how many
recipients the message has. I can never know I've been spammed?

Next!