Re: [Asrg] define spam

2003-03-29 20:32:29
I find it hard to think of any circumstance where it's useful to consider
a one-to-one message to be spam.  It may be annoying for some other
reason, but without bulk, there's no spam problem.

I'm the naked man in a glass room - I have no way of knowing how many
recipients the message has. I can never know I've been spammed?

Of course you can.  It doesn't take much intelligence to tell an actual
individual message from a human from faux personalized junk mail.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.