Re: [Asrg] define spam

2003-03-30 01:28:10
On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:55:35PM +0000, Jon Kyme wrote:
I'm the naked man in a glass room - I have no way of knowing how many
recipients the message has. I can never know I've been spammed?

Next!

Really?   I must say I have the exact opposite experience.  Almost never
to I get a spam that I can't immediately identify that it was not written
personally for me.   That alone of course doesn't prove that it's bulk
but it's a remarkably accurate indicator.

Brad, there's a question mark at the end there.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear - it's now the morning and the coffee
is starting to kick in.

My point was that I don't need a measure of bulkiness to (personally)
categorise a message as spam. And neither do you. We're in agreement on
this.