Re: [Asrg] 7.c Mass Mailers, reliability, and lack thereof

2003-03-29 18:59:38
Vernon Schryver <vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com> wrote:
Yes, but as far as I can tell, there are no major bulk mailers that
satisfy all four of your criteria.

  Then they have an opportunity to learn how to sell to potential
customers in a friendly manner.

I'm not pointing this out to criticize the Qwest, Dell or any other
marketing or sales professionals including even Topica, but only to
establish a fact of life and human nature that contradicts assumptions
or claims common in some areas.

  So my statement about "legitimate" bulk emailers doesn't include
Fortune 500 companies.  Too bad for them.  Others have noted corporate
opposition to anti-spam laws, which says to me that those corporations
are knowingly and intentionally engaging in unfriendly and soon-to-be
illegal behaviour.

  ASRG should be about solving the spam problem, not about punishing
Ralsky while Fortune 500 companies do the same thing.

  Alan DeKok.