Re: [Asrg] 7.c Mass Mailers, reliability, and lack thereof

2003-03-29 21:21:39
On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 09:31:59AM -0800, pattib(_at_)gammon(_dot_)com wrote

The start of this thread was someone who lumped in genuine opt-in
marketing email with millions-of-addresses-on-CD spammers.  I wanted
to show that they are two very different things.

  I started the thread, and no, I did *NOT* lump in "genuine opt-in
marketing email".  I'm talking about "opt-out marketing email", which up
til now has meant saying "No, no, a thousand times no".  I wouldn't mind
a one-shot "global opt-out" that really worked, but that seems to be a
tooth-fairy-land idea.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will