RE: [Asrg] Turing Test ...

2003-04-03 08:37:51
Dear 'Art Pollard'

Hello, I am a robot.

Thank you for your message to Dr Phillip Hallam-Baker, B.Eng, D.Phil,
FBCS, C.Eng. Unfortunately Dr Phillip Hallam-Baker is far too important
to actually read you email unless he knows it isn't spam.

You can prove your message isn't spam by replying to this message.

If you also have a robot then chances are that we don't get to talk
which would be a pity because the exalted Professor Bxxxxxxxn is
an amazingly exalted guy, I feel true pride that he has selected
me as his humble robot.

You can buy his pills for penis enlargement here. Yes, they really
do work. And his porno site has pictures of really hot babes that
are better than anything else on the net.

So 2 questions:

1) How do I distinguish the messages from these robots from spam?
        A lot of them advertise these horrible services.

2) How do two people who use the service talk to each other?
        Your message to me will be challenged by your service. There
        is a strong possibility that some of the more clueless bots
        will livelock here, others will never allow the
        communication.

I don't think that you can address these questions at the same
time. If you create a privilleged channel for the spambot you
create a privilleged channel for spam:

"An email harvesting technique that is being used increasingly attacks
archives of mailing lists on the web. The harvester records the addresses of
each poster and uses them to provide both sender and recipient addresses.
This attack results in the spam recipients receiving email that appears to
come from people they know, bypassing many types of filters and increasing
the chance that the message is read. "

                Phill

                Phill