RE: [Asrg] Turing Test ...

2003-04-03 09:06:16
1) How do I distinguish the messages from these robots from spam?
    A lot of them advertise these horrible services.

Use a VERP. Another robot should reply to the VERP, whereas a human
should reply to the Reply-To.

Please explain

2) How do two people who use the service talk to each other?
    Your message to me will be challenged by your service. There
    is a strong possibility that some of the more clueless bots
    will livelock here, others will never allow the
    communication.

Clueless bots are always going to be a problem (see vacation
messages).
You have to use cluefull bots and complain to the ISP of
those who use
dumb bots.

Again, how does a 'smart bot' work? Don't tell me that it
meets the specification, show that it is possible to meet
the specification.

I don't think that is possible if everyone uses them for
personal email.

The only reason people accept them for mailing lists is that
they know that subscribing other people to lists had become
a common prank and the callback is to protect them. It is
very different when the callback is to protect someone else.

Even then very few mailing lists had the callbacks until
a prankster signed up the whitehouse to 70,000 mailing lists
and then subscribed the lists to each other so that a single
mail sent to one list created an avalanche of a million or
so to the whitehouse. That was a fun couple of days.

                Phill