Re: [Asrg] Turing Test ...

2003-04-06 13:31:22
In
<CE541259607DE94CA2A23816FB49F4A301AE2274(_at_)vhqpostal6(_dot_)verisign(_dot_)com>
 "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> writes:

We could probably do a bit better without the sarcasm.

Agreed, and point taken.

However, I think it would be a bit better if a very few high volume
posters such as yourself would start adding either In-Reply-To or
References headers just like the vast majority of posters do.

Pardon my ignornce, but is it your MUA that doesn't generate these
headers, or your MTA that strips them?  I guess I'm presuming that you
aren't deliberately removing the headers for some reason....

We all know the theory of smtp. The problem comes when you want to start
enforcing protocol features that we previously discretionary. Then you get
problems with broken legacy mailers.

While I won't presume to speak for "we", I will say that I think that
getting legacy mailers to support well long supported and understood
headers is vastly easier than getting everyone to add anything new.

-wayne