RE: [Asrg] Turing Test ...

2003-04-03 14:16:42
At 10:35 PM -0700 4/2/03, Art Pollard wrote:
If there were a standard way to do this sort of thing, even while you were composing the message, your e-mail client could download the challenge graphic

I can see it now. When you try and reply to a porn spammer who somehow got through, I bet that challenge graphic is going to be real interesting. :-)

You need a new protocol for getting the challenge in advance.
You need to deal with people who send email without web access.
You need to deal with blind people.
And you need to deal with legitimate automated mail senders that will either ignore a challenge, or treat it as a bounce and unsubscribe you. This means that the first thing you need to solve is the whitelisting problem.

When I see a proposal that has plans for all those, I think it's worth discussing. It's definitely my favorite solution for false positives, after all other filters have been applied.

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.