RE: [Asrg] define spam

2003-04-04 11:05:09
i will make that claim. as of late i've received several emails from "myself" that being spam apparently sent from my own email address. included was a link/disclaimer at the bottom of the spam advertising a new *service* for spammers that takes the address being spammed and forges the spam from field to be that address! this is intentional forgery (of my hotmail addy) in probably the most malicious use possible. also because my hotmail name is only 6 characters i routinely get bounce notices, complaints, replies, etc from people who were spammed via my address! i've never spammed anyone ever! so these are obvious forgeries not to mention infinitely irritating. how do you explain to someone that you did not spam them when they are ignorant about forgeries and the spam apparently came from YOU! im surprised my account hasn't been revoked.