Re: [Asrg] New take on emerging idea. (yet another C-R system?)

2003-04-10 12:29:43
From: J C Lawrence <claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu>
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:38:28 -0700
Brad Templeton <brad(_at_)templetons(_dot_)com> wrote:
> Easiest solution -- all private mail comes from an unfiltered address.

People get attached to their email addresses.  JoeSixpack humans have
real problems with the mental distinction between role addresses (which
is essentially what you are advocating) and their personal identity.
I'd rather not go down that path if we don't have to.

> You want to rescind consent to somebody or mail containing some token?
> Just program your mailer to reject their mail.  The rest of the world
> does not need your consent to mail you, at least not for person to
> person mail.  This is a hard truth that some people in the anti-spam
> community don't wish to embrace, unfortunately.

Excellent point.

I totaly agree!
John Fenley