Re: [Asrg] New take on emerging idea. (yet another C-R system?)

2003-04-10 13:06:41
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:44:09 -0700
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui(_at_)plaidworks(_dot_)com> wrote:

sorry, I couldn't read the entire documents. The click ads at the top
were giving me freaking headers with their flashing and gibbering.

You too?

But it looks to be a central repository. Any central database is going
to be subject to attack and subversion, because it's a single point of
access -- crack the database, you get access to all that stuff. You
also have to worry about scaling. Even if these things are done on an
organizational level, it builds quickly -- what works for my home
machine may not work for one with 1000 users, or 10000, or 100000. It
gets nasty quickly.

Single point of control and power (power corrupts and...).

Big fat attractive target.  (Who willingly runs a KICK-ME server?)

Big fat high transaction expensive-to-scale system.

Big fat impossible to audit system (admin recidivism -- cf RBLs).

No thanks.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?