Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / DNSBLS

2003-04-28 17:31:19
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:44:28 -0400
Margaret Olson <Olson> wrote:

The ESPC proposal gives you secure identity, a performance rating, and
source information (kind of consent) on which to base a decision to
accept or reject mail. You can judge the performance rating of both
the originator and the sending server. If you want to accept only
confirmed opt in and person to person mail, you can do that. The
performance rating penalizes senders and their agents for lying.

There's a core assertion here which isn't being faced:

  That a significant number of people actually actively want to receive
  mail from the companies listed as ESPC members.

I don't believe that to be true.

I have my doubts.  I suspect that the entire population of this list out
to the second decimal place, plus no less than five nines of the basic
'net using population if presented with the following question:

  If you could click one button and not have any marketing emails from
  this company every enter your mailbox, would you click it?

would answer, "YES!"

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?