Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / DNSBLS

2003-04-28 20:07:38
At 5:31 PM -0700 4/28/03, J C Lawrence wrote:
I have my doubts.  I suspect that the entire population of this list out
to the second decimal place, plus no less than five nines of the basic
'net using population if presented with the following question:

Somewhere has consulting clients who using Roving, and I want their email. Messagefire has users who have asked to receive Roving mailing lists. We also have users who have been spammed by Roving lists.

The problem is how to run a mail company when your lists are coming from people who used unverifiable means to gather their addresses. Most people here would probably say that anytime a list moves to a new host, it most confirm all members. The EPSC solution seems to be to provide a separate grade (in the sending headers and/or SMTP protocol) for both the hoster (e.g. Roving) and for the list operator. You decide what score you will let through. (There is the interesting question of how to keep a sender from hopping between email providers.)

Anyway, that's my guess from what I've seen publicly so far.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.