Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / DNSBLS

2003-04-27 00:11:45
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
First, you inaccurately use inflammatory words to describe DNSBLs.
For example, instead of using the term "vigilante" to mean "taking the
law into your own hands", you define "vigilante" as being
"unaccountable".

No, I use the term to mean taking the enforcement of rules, whether
legislative or not into their own hands. The vigilantes from the
US racist south were not taking the 'law' into their own hands when
they lynched blacks, they were imposing their own rules on society
through force.

Oh stuff and bosh. As a user of third party blacklists, _I_ am the vigilante imposing my will and my rules on who can send email to my users. I am the censor. The blacklist is not the censor nor the vigilante. Just a provider of some of the information I use.

I get to be the censor because the employer of my users, who is also the owner of the the mail infrastructure, says so.

And yes, the employee agreement says so too.