Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / DNSBLS

2003-04-28 19:03:25
J C Lawrence wrote:

There is a difference between things being in bad repair and things
not working because someone is standing in the way making them not
work. There are no guarantees in life. Even the old term, "guarenteed
delivery" only means best effort requiring notification in case of
failure. I thought 821/2821 already provide for that.

They do, very explicitly.  DNSRBLs are generally used to bounce/refuse
mail, resulting in the sender receiving a bounce message.  Even the use
of RBLs as a BGP feed for null route configuration, at the mail level,
results in a bounce (tho usually after 4 days).

Well, actually, lots of them don't.

You are asking for guaranteed delivery.

Did you read my message before replying? Please take time to read the
definition I posted in the message as to what I mean by the term
"guaranteed delivery". I'm sorry if it is confusing to you. It's an old
term that I and many colleagues have used since 1980. If it needs to be
updated, then, as I said above, you can call it "best effort" which by
the definition above is equivalent. Nobody can guarantee delivery.

 -LM