Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / DNSBLS

2003-04-29 06:02:57
At 13:32 +0100 4/29/03, Jon Kyme wrote:
 > >>BTW I would be thankful for good explanation which RFC recommendation
 >>are broken by redirecting "suspected spam" to /dev/null for quoting in
 >>messages to postmaster of such sites.
 >>[ May be there is a time to create new category on www.rfc-ignorant.org
 ]

 >And I'd like a good explanation of how you'd detect that behavior.

 * In one case I detected it by non email communication  (phone: Why have
 not you replied to my email ?)
 * In another case the recipient have not received the message itself but
 received replies ("reply to all") to the message sent by other
 recipients of the original message.

 In both cases I checked the MTA logs and it was clear that another MTA
 "took over" FULL responsibility for delivering the messages.

But what if the "recipient" was (gasp) lying?

Oh come on.
Are you really just trying to pester this guy?

I've got accounts all over the place and i've seen my own test messages absolutely evaporate from time to time, and I've got the logs at the sending-side to prove it, and I'm the intended recipient at the destination account so there's no lying. AOL has definitely done this, and so has T-mobile when handling messages redirected toward my cell phone by my own servers.

Please! What is your point in this taunting and how does it further anything?