Re: [Asrg] Assume perfect knowledge by domain registry provisioners, so what?

2003-05-09 10:33:44
Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner(_at_)nic-naa(_dot_)net> wrote:
I know that our knowledge-bases for registry, and registrar
operational art differs, significantly.

  I agree.  I also know that our opinions as to the contents of
technical discussions differ.  You appeal to authority, without using
the evidence by which those authorities gained their reputation.  I
refer to facts and evidence, and base my opinions on those.

I also know that conveying knowledge or belief of error of fact
or conclusion from me to you is not effective. For instance, a
registrar always seeks to be paid, and is always billed by a
registry, and current payment mechanisms are capable of trace.

  I fail to see how this contradicts, or adds anything to, what I said
in the message you're responding to.

Perhaps there is some other activity you could undertake that is
more important to this list than my small little query about the
role of provisioning systems for domain names and non-persistent
emitters, a subset of this problem domain.

  I would suggest that you take your "holier than thou" attitude, fold
it until it's all corners, and ingest it an inappropriate manner.

Your inattention will be appreciated.

  Too bad.  You'll have to suffer through my opinions, until such time
as either I unsubscribe from ASRG, or you choose to install blinders,
and filter any messages I send to the list out of your personal inbox.

  Alan DeKok.