Re: [Asrg] Assume perfect knowledge by domain registry provisioners, so what?

2003-05-09 14:49:07
This detour into the inerrancy is a bore.

The question I posed concerned provisioning. Publication is a possible,
but not inevitable consequence of shared registry system provisioning,
whether publication is via 1034/35 or 954 or bulk transfer or ...

I anticipated there would be some Baldrick-responses ("I have a clever
plan") or other non-implementor/non-operator utterences about some bits
of the existing registry systems. Responses that failed to respond to a
technical query -- if all (or most, or some) of the parties involved in
provisioning had a different RRP-or-EPP (possibly a "better" RRP-orEPP),
and had consequently had the ability to collectively "know" about some
spam emitter contemporanious with its discovery (by means tbd), what then?

The point of your note, whether I've very carefully misquoted you or not,
is that you are about 30 days late. Some node has changed state, and is
as of T0 a source, making some references to namespaces. At some time, T1,
it ceases to be a source. The transactions that created the namespaces it
accessed (registry provisioning) took place at some point prior to T0, and
depending on the risk-adversity of the registrar to charge-back costs, as
much as 30 to 45 days prior, or the registrar is out $6+overhead on the
transaction regardless of whether or not anyone gets spammed.

Overlooking the minor problem of time, you claimed that Barry knows, after
operating world since, jeeze how long's it been Barry?, no more than you
do with your few doamin names, and what I know as the (former) chief
propeller-head for .biz, .us (post-IANA), and (currently) IANA RegID 439,
is just idle authority-figure prop-wash. Kwel.

  As for RADIUS, you can be guaranteed that if you, or anyone else
  posts dumb ideas about RADIUS to the lists I'm on, that my responses
  will be based on references to RFC's, explanations, and other reality
  based evidence.  The only time I fall back to appealing to authority
  is when people refuse to be educated about a topic, and my response is
  "I control the software.  I will do what I believe to be right."

Now that's inspiring.

Eric