RE: [Asrg] C/R - What people say

2003-05-13 19:51:17

From: "Eric Dean" <eric(_at_)purespeed(_dot_)com>

Well, I use a CR system and am subscribed to various mailing
lists.  We use
the Sender header to exempt challenges.

How does that operate?

If we see a Sender header, we don't return a challenge.  The user will
verify the sender or block it.  For a list, the very first email from the
list requires verification and then the mail flows.

What Sender values garner exceptions, and why
won't more spammers use them if there are any?

They are more than welcome to use Sender headers...messages will sit in
quarantine as do any spam.

Or by "exception,"
do you mean that the mail is immediately discarded unchallenged?

The messages sit in quarantine awaiting the user's action as do all spams.