RE: [Asrg] C/R - What people say

2003-05-13 19:54:56

What is the procedure to "exempt" challenges?

Just simply look for the Sender header..if it's present then we don't send a
challenge...the user must verify the sender.

Does it require whitelisting the sender field value ahead of time?

or afterwards.  We have white, black, and greylists.  By default, user's get
greylisted.

Do we expect the general user population to do this kind of procedure?

Good question...I asked what other list detection methods are used?

Do we expect spammers not to use these exempted values?

I don't think we can expect anything from spammers..other than they will end
spam

And then there is the matter of spam sent TO the mailing list.

Yeah..well..that always sucks.