RE: [Asrg] C/R - What people say

2003-05-15 08:54:59
At 09:41 AM 5/15/2003 -0400, Eric Dean wrote:

> There are some explicit conventions involving mailing lists, though
> conformance is extremely spotty.  As a simple example of headers that
> are explicitly and exclusively used for mailing headers, folks might
> want to look at the headers that are attached by the list mailer for
> this very list...

ok..well should we try to identify those methods, or should we just say
"don't challenge lists"?

If an automated protocol for C/R is in place, why shouldn't we challenge lists? If the list software supports the protocol, it will response to the challenge automatically. However, this perhaps is needed for dealing with list software that does not support it but this should be made more clear.