RE: [Asrg] C/R - What people say

2003-05-15 14:05:50
From: Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>

ok..well should we try to identify those methods, or should we just say
"don't challenge lists"?

If an automated protocol for C/R is in place, why shouldn't we challenge
lists? If the list software supports the protocol, it will response to the
challenge automatically. ...

Is that a joke?   I guess not.

What is the real goal a C/R system?  I thought it had something to do
with reducing "spam."  How does spam differ from any other bulk mail
except in whether it is solicited?

As I've pointed out, a substantal amount of the unsolicited bulk
mail in my traps has headers just like mail from other "lists"
including this one.

If a C/R system only stops spam from transient, "hit-and-run" systems
that do not stand still long enough to receive and answer a challenge,
it won't be very impressive.