RE: [Asrg] 6. Solutions - Replacing SMTP - GIEIS Analysis

2003-07-05 21:24:55
This post relates to the 'GIEIS' system

Version 0.005 - Updated 6th July 2003

GIEIS - Global ISP Email Identity System - The Ultimate Anti-Spam System
a.k.a. - The Digital Reaper

\xA9 Including intellectual copyright, Mark McCarron 2003, All rights reserved

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/giza.necropolis

Mark McCarron.

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
To: "'Mark McCarron'" <markmccarron_itt(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>, research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com, asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [Asrg] 6. Solutions - Replacing SMTP - GIEIS Analysis
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:43:24 -0700

> It is still import duty and deals only with those inside the
> EU.  Laws cannot be outside any legal juristiction they represent.

As a matter of international law this is not the case.

Many countries claim extra-territorial jurisdiction for their laws. In
particular the US and Belgium have been very active in this regard, but most
countries claim some form of jurisdiction.

Mark's Response:

Trying to impose their values ond legal systems on other countries has been a favorite with these two, however, as yet, unsucessful. Many claims are made but none have been upheld.

The US has laws that would cause the directors of the deBeers cartel to be
arrested if they visited the US, in theory the directors of several EU firms
could also be arrested for trading with Cuba, however this act has been
stayed indefinitely after the EU passed reciprocal laws.

Mark's Response:

I am aware of these type of scenarios, however, the simplist solution is to avoid the country in question. Nothing can be done about that.

The UK has recently arrested Pinnochet the ex-dictator of Chile whose war
crimes are similar to the domestic crimes of Saddam. Pinochet was only
released on a technicality.

Mark's Response:

This was due to violations of International law, quite different.

Mark McCarron.