Re: [Asrg] 6. Solutions - Replacing SMTP - GIEIS Analysis

2003-07-05 21:24:48
At 03:47 AM 7/6/2003 +0000, Mark McCarron wrote:

4. Participate in defining the consent framework.

Mark's Response:

The consent framework will consist of white and black lists. There will be no greylisting. A complete opt-out will be allowed by 'GIEIS'.

The group's consent framework is what we are currently working on.

Mark's Response:

With all the self-interested posts that appear here with inaccurate information, a coherent consent framework is highly unlikely to develop.

We are chartered to created such framework (http://www.irtf.org/charters/asrg.html) and a draft is available. If you had been following the discussions for the last few days you would have seen that they are concentrated on that framework. If you do not wish to contribute to anything else than your own proposal, then create your own mailing list for its discussion and leave the group. This is what the author of the SPF proposal did.

Additionally, this is a technical forum not a Madison Avenue marketing firm. We are not interested in your marketing materials, or promises of salvation from porn and spam. We are looking at technical details only and do not wish to be informed of "how many jobs" your proposal will create or how much money it will make.

-------
".... when suddenly a White Rabbit with pink eyes ran close by her .... but when the Rabbit actually took a watch out of its waistcoat-pocket, and looked at it, and then hurried on, Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mind that she had never before seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat-pocket, or a watch to take out of it, and burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it, and fortunately was just in time to see it pop down a large rabbit-hole under the hedge. In another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again. The rabbit-hole went straight on like a tunnel for some way, and then dipped suddenly down, so suddenly that Alice had not a moment to think about stopping herself before she found herself falling down a very deep well ....." --------