Re: RE: [Asrg] 3. Requirements - Non Spam must go through

2003-07-08 12:24:53

On July 7, 2003 at 20:29 research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com (Yakov
Shafranovich)
wrote:
 > >Howsabout when it's 200+ hijacked servers banging at you full-speed
 > >with the same spam? That's the reality.
 > >
 > >Is the proposal to send the hundreds of msgs per minute each a proper
 > >handwritten no thank you note?

Therefore just to clarify your statement, are you suggesting these spam
emails should not be rejected but rather thrown away silently? So
within

I think when you're under that kind of attack you have little choice,
even just blocking the route tends to invite the hijacked hosts to go
into a retry loop.

You mean not accepting connections from some host drives them to
hammer on your firewall?
I think that this is a truly exceptional situation. For which exceptions
should clearly be made. I'm surprised that you manage to conserve resource
by accepting these connections and blackholing the messages.