RE: [Asrg] 3. Requirements - Non Spam must go through

2003-07-09 14:26:31
  The number of TCP SYNs go down when there's no firewall whitelist,
but the total bandwidth used doesn't change by much.

Have I got this right? You don't save any bandwidth by
accepting and blackholing these messages?

What about silently breaking the pipe? That is, accept the connection
(one packet) then forget about it. The sender's device would have to
time out before trying again. I know it's a low-level networking hack,
but it might save bandwidth over the other two alternatives. Thoughts?

-- at any rate, whatever response can be devise for rejecting abusive
connections, the consent policy must support the execution of any
rejection method available on the system if consent is denied...

_M