[Asrg] Slowing down spammers - thoughts?

2003-07-11 03:40:29
I've been giving more thought to how to slow down spamming. It seems we should just follow 7.3 of RFC2821 - return either 250 or 252 to VRFY and EXPN commands. In this way the sender can't find out if someone is really on a system.

Second I would kick back a 551 to every message being sent by a domain/user I don't recognize or wanted to reject as SPAM. In the former case I would send the email to the real recipient allowing them to decide what to do with it. I the latter case I would just toss it or fill in the subject with SPAM:.

Thoughts?

Chuck Wegrzyn