Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2004-12-06 16:28:59

This is not a content filter.  If the spammer doesn't have your email address
then the spammer can't send you spam.  There is no reason for the spammer to
increase the spam load.  Sending spam to a very effective filter is not
futile.  Sending spam to a non-existent address is completely futile so the
spammer will stop doing it.

Whenever I hear someone attribute rational motives to spammers my
bullsh*t alarm shrieks beyond the pain threshold.

On this one, more than half of all mail delivery here bounces back (or
tries to) as 'User unknown'.

It doesn't cost them anything, why should they optimize?

Or, put better perhaps, you're just guessing, right? I'd rather have a
solution from someone who is knowledgeable about the problem.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*