Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2004-12-05 10:28:59
On 05/12/04 12:08 -0500, Michael Kaplan wrote:
No one else has yet mentioned a problem with seeing images, maybe you
can try again later.

I am not using a browser or MUA that can see images.

Billions of spam are sent each day and the problem is getting worse.
I believe that this system will profoundly decrease email traffic by
eliminating spam.  In time as spam is controlled the number of bounces
will decrease.

The response of spammers to better blocks and filters has been to send
more spam. If I want to ensure that 100 user get my spam, and a 90%
effective filter is commonly used, then I send out 1000 messages. If the
filter is 99% effective, I send out 10000.

The text in these bounces is generic.  An email service provider can alter
the content of the message to a generic Chinese message if the user
wishes.  The instructions for the CAPTCHA can be created in a hundred
different languages - the user can decide which one to see.

How do I know which language my sender will prefer? Particularly if the
sender is a new correspondent. If I set my system up to send out such
bounces in say, Hindi, and you don't understand it at all, how would
that situation be handled?

Devdas Bhagat