Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2004-12-06 17:45:38

Far be it for me to particularly defend these schemes but the usual
response about business cards and disposable addresses is you put a
semi-disposable address on your biz card and then when someone uses it
to contact you (legitimately) you tell them in the future use this
other address which is possibly also disposable but probably unique to
that respondant, whatever.

Then at least you'd know what was derived from your biz card as a
source.

The weakness is if someone feeds that biz card address into a
problematic spam list and you can't stand the spam but don't want to
re-print your biz cards. In that case quit and find another job and
they'll give you new biz cards for free (hell I dunno, as I said my
intention isn't to particularly defend the scheme just to provide the
usual repartee' so it doesn't have to be reinvented before our eyes.)

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*