[Asrg] Re: Please critique my anti-spam system

2004-12-07 01:49:34
On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 10:31:21AM -0500,
 Michael Kaplan <mkaplansolution(_at_)lycos(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 25 lines which said:

I have developed a system to eliminate spam.

Besides all the very good reasons why your system is broken, there is
something I would like to emphasize.

Your system, exactly like C/R systems, exactly like SpamKiss, and
despite the few technical details that are different between them, is
simply a way to shift away the costs of spam.

Spam costs: money, time, hardware and human resources. At the present
time, costs are entirely upon the shoulders of the recipient. You plan
to put some of the costs on the back of the sender. Wether or not it
is a good idea, I let you see. But it is hardly a way to stop spam,
just a way to displace the costs.