Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2004-12-05 15:37:18

----- Original Message ----- From: "der Mouse" <mouse(_at_)Rodents(_dot_)Montreal(_dot_)QC(_dot_)CA>
To: <asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

And $DEITIES help you if you put an address on your business card and
it gets scraped from someone's address book; all of a sudden all your
business cards are worthless (or almost), because they no longer
contain a "fully functional email address".

These types of social issues will not go away. Giving someone your email address is like giving them a key to communicate with you. What they do with that key is beyond your control. That's why I think one great way for the privacy-minded person to handle this is to not give everyone the same "key." If someone is using one of your keys in a way you don't like, just revoke it. Other folks with different keys who are behaving are not affected. The person who enabled your key to be used in a way you find displeasing can be roundly chastised and given a new key... or not.

Tripp