Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2004-12-05 09:51:41
1 - I am well aware of the FUSSP, as the second to the last line of my article
suggests.

2 - Innocent victims can only be sent bounces if spammers know their address to
begin with, and if you use this system then spammers can't forge your address.
It would also be a simple matter for a email service provider to filter out
this bounces if the user did not initiate a email to the corresponding address.

3 - The issues with CAPTCHA are addressed in my article

4 - One occasion some sub-address will be compromised but that is an easily
corrected issue as per the nature of my system.

Michael Kaplan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Breidbart" <sethb(_at_)panix(_dot_)com>
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:05:53 -0500 (EST)

"Michael Kaplan" <mkaplansolution(_at_)lycos(_dot_)com> wrote:

I have developed a system to eliminate spam.

Google for FUSSP.

To my knowledge this system is unique.

It combines C/R (which causes it to spam innocent victims of forgery)
with captcha (which isn't perfect, either), with unique addresses (and
no explanation of how to keep them that way; consider being included
in a CC: list that gets involved in a discussion).

Seth