Re: [Asrg] Spam, why is it still a problem?

2006-01-18 00:32:36
In message <20060118030954(_dot_)25248(_dot_)qmail(_at_)simone(_dot_)iecc(_dot_)com>, John Levine <asrg(_at_)johnlevine(_dot_)com> writes

There are a number of proposals moving forward (slowly). Each of these
will help. However I don't see much in the way of actual project
management of this. Who is driving these proposals - what is their
marketing plan to ensure wide take up? Where is a discussion of the
problems bringing them to market? What is the expected timescale for
having these proposals widely available? Where is the business element
in the proposals ? Who argues the case for these proposals versus vendor
specific ones? Where is the viral campaign ala Firefox to get 100
million people using them in a year (even 10 million might be a start).

Nowhere that I know of.  So we all thank you for offering to do all
this important work.

The point is that if this is important enough why is it not a funded position?

--
Craig Cockburn ("coburn"). http://www.SiliconGlen.com/
Please sign the Spam Petition: http://www.siliconglen.com/spampetition/