Re: [Asrg] Spam, why is it still a problem?

2006-01-18 14:28:15
In message <20060118175425(_dot_)39732(_dot_)qmail(_at_)simone(_dot_)iecc(_dot_)com>, John Levine <asrg(_at_)johnlevine(_dot_)com> writes
Sender ALLOW
Remove sender from Allow list -->

https://www.vqme.com/pk/eh?op=remove_from_allow&From=asrg%2Dbounces(_at_)ietf
.org&VU=bCnsahfkMSAuP8lpCMGeUQ
Block sender -->

https://www.vqme.com/pk/eh?op=block_sender&From=asrg%2Dbounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org&
VU=bCnsahfkMSAuP8lpCMGeUQ

Nowhere that I know of.  So we all thank you for offering to do all
this important work.

The point is that if this is important enough why is it not a funded
position?

Um, who do you think should be funding it?

It's not about who should be funding it but simply that it is important enough that it should be funded.
As I presume you know, the entire IRTF is run by volunteers.  The ASRG
budget is $0.

Therein lies the problem. Perhaps some sponsorship would make things move more quickly?

Alternatively working with other independent bodies that are funded would provide indirect support, such as
http://www.opengroup.org/
http://www.eff.org/
These organisations get funding. Why can't this one?

--
Craig Cockburn ("coburn"). http://www.SiliconGlen.com/
Please sign the Spam Petition: http://www.siliconglen.com/spampetition/