Re: [Asrg] FeedBack loops

2008-11-11 18:33:33
On 11/11/2008 16:24, "Franck Martin" <franck(_at_)avonsys(_dot_)com> wrote:

Yes it is a simple process, I was just thinking of having that process as a
ready in-built engine, or third-party engine in MTAs. For the moment as said
it is mainly custome code. If such capabilities would be available in sendmail
or postfix, that would allow fbl to be implemented by large organisations
(like universities, etc...) easily.

I guess I'm just not understanding how that would work.  It's the MUA that
generates the complaint (upon user request), and passes it on to another
system so it can be processed & potentially forwarded on as an ARF message.

Well the after the fact fbl, I was not particulary thinking of ARF, but I
think the return receipts are becoming more and more useless.

Heh, no argument there -- but that's not the problem ARF was trying to
solve.